Western Town Road B Trail is part of the Paramount Ranch Trails. Paramount Ranch, formerly owned by Paramount Studios, served as a “movie ranch” for the studio (1927-1953). Parts of the ranch were, and still are, used for movie and television filming. Many of the trails pass through real-life set locations, and there is still Western Town (constructed by William Hertz after buying part of the ranch from Paramount Studios). Hike up Medea Creek Trail to reach a spur trail to an overlook to get a view of the ranch and the “town” used to represent the west. National Parks acquired a portion of the ranch in the 1980s.
From the 101, head south on Kanan Rd. Turn left onto Cornell Rd. Entrance will be on the right after approximately 2
miles. Follow the entrance road west and then south to the staging area. Western Town is just around the corner over the bridge.